Monday, May 19, 2008

Spring Cleaning


Today was light cleaning day! This one was a gift from Stosh and hangs over my kitchen table. I absolutely love this fixture, but washing it, I do not! It has a total of 91 of those balls and long pieces to remove, wash, dry and re-hang! I love it when it's clean, though! The cats love to watch...I think they are hoping I drop a ball or two for them to play with! They have been up on the table before and have knocked balls off themselves, setting off the alarm system when they hit the glass tabletop!

Anyhow, the cleaning "bug" has returned, and I decided to tackle some light fixtures today. I just feel so good when everything is clean and bright! We had rain yesterday, and the earth just looked so clean...that kind of motivated me to get back to my spring cleaning inside!

5 comments:

Mississippi Songbird said...

That's a beautiful light fixture!
I need the cleaning bug to hit me.. It usually does, when I am at work though...
Hope you have a great week.

Diane said...

Rain just motivates me! I know you are happy to get the Spring cleaning underway. My next project is cleaning the closet in the MBR.
See you Wednesday!!

Michelle said...

Please, Please PLEASE...come to my house!

Midlife Mom said...

Hi Nancy! Thanks for stopping by for a visit, I love to have new people to get to know!! I just read all your latest posts and really enjoyed them. I have a light fixture in my foyer that is a lot like the one you just cleaned. This one hangs so high it's very rare that it gets cleaned.....:o(

Love the letter to you son. I have one son so I can really relate to the things that you wrote. I didn't have a daughter but now have a granddaughter so get to do the girly things with her and the 'guy' things with my grandson.

Those strawberries look sooooo good! I bought some today at the grocery but they didn't look that good. I don't know where you are located but those berries look fresh!!! Yummy!

Come by again soon!!

Midlife Mom said...

PS I have two cats that we adopted last year and they RULE the house!!