Friday, December 5, 2008

Awards Day

First of all, I want you all to know that Abe is home and doing better. He has posted about his illness and has some new pics on his blog. He is a professional photographer and writer and has some really great photos on his blog. Check it out at Brookville Daily Photo.

Boy, am I ever behind! I need to thank those who have sent awards my way. Below are some buttons/awards I received some time ago from Mary over at Mary's Writing Nook. Thank you so much, Mary!!! I do apologize for being so tardy in posting them and thanking you properly. I love and appreciate them so much! I need to learn how to add text to a pic so I can make some of my own to pass on. Mary seems like the type of person who would be there if you ever needed a hand or a friend! Do check her blog out...I'm certain you will enjoy your visit with her! She's really a lovely lady and has a very enjoyable and interesting blog!!!



How true the one below is!





And I am so late in getting these in a post, too! These are also from Mary! I just loved this one with the black cat! She has the cutest things up her sleeve over there at her blog!




And we all know Halloween just wouldn't be Halloween without a witch riding her broom!





And then this Thanksgiving one is also from Mary! I just love this one, too! I always have loved the story of the Pilgrims and love anything in the theme of Pilgrims! Thank you again, Mary! And I promise I'll not be so late next time in getting things posted on my blog.



And then I received more just this week....

Here's the lovely "Proximidade" award given to me by Gramma Ann of Ann's Quotes and Things. I received this one from Merle of Merle's Third Try a while back, too, so I am properly thanking you, also, Merle at this time.



This award is a fine one because it focuses not on the glory and fanfare of blogging, but in the PROXIMITY to one another through online-world. Thank you, Gramma Ann! I sincerely appreciate the award and your thinking of me. Visit Gramma Ann, and you will see first-hand just what a wonderful lady and friend she is!


"Blogs that receive this award are 'exceeding charming,' says its author. This blog invests and believes in the PROXIMITY-nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this clever-written text into the body of their award."

I am to pass this award on to 8 people. I find it very, very hard to choose just 8, and I see some of you that I would like pass this on to have already received it. I am very pleased to pass this award on to the following 8 blogs:







Below, Lib at Lib's Private Paradise had these awards posted on her blog and said to take them if we wanted them....I thought they were cute so I took them. Thank you, Lib! Pay Lib a visit as she posts some really great recipes and is quite a crafty lady!!! She makes some really lovely things!

I will look at this one, longingly, throughout the winter months while I wait for Summer to arrive!



And this one describes ALL the blogs I read!

Have a great weekend, everyone! My daughter is taking me shopping to another city tomorrow, so I'll see how long I can walk. I love to get out and shop during holiday time, but the legs and back don't allow me to do much. So I am so happy that my daughter is taking me and will be with me. It should be a fun-filled mother-daughter day!

P.S. I've had some blogger problems today...spacing, text color, etc., so please excuse the mess of this post! I've been working on it off and on all day since 10:10 this morning, and it is now 6:04pm! LOL

14 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

Hi Nancy,

Just stopped by to say your welcome for the award. I took the three little cute ones for on my Granddaughter Mercedez' blog that I have for her. Thanks for sharing them with your bloggy buddies. Feel free to come by and check them out. They are in "Mercedez Fun Room."

We are having pretty cool weather now. At nights it gets down to close zero. I was letting "Mr. Jones" sleep on the enclosed front porch at night, but, the last few nights he has stayed in the apt. with us. He is pretty good about bedtime. But, about 4 am he decides he wants out of the bedroom to roam around. Usually my husband is up by then, so he roams around.

Well, Nancy I hope you have a nice week-end and please don't work to hard... ;)

Ann

Lib said...

Hi Nancy,
THank you so much for the award and kind words!I really appreciate it !
Hope you have a great wk.end!
Blessins',Lib

Patty said...

Hi Nancy, thanks for the award, I will try to get it posted soon. I'm so far behind in my e-mail reading and reading the blogs. These past couple of weeks have really slowed me down. Again thanks. Hope you get a little free time this week end to enjoy it. Cold here and I was out trying to mow up leaves in the front yard today. Took a while to get the lawnmower started. The back will have to wait, they say we're to get some snow tomorrow, so they will have to wait until the snow melts if that's the case.

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hi, Nancy, and congratulations on your awards. I need to catch up and add some on my awards page myself. Soon, I hope....

I've been having some problems with Blogger myself. I don't know what's going on but I sure hope they get it fixed soon. It's really annoying, especially when I can't comment on some blogs because the page takes too long to load and times out.

Have a great weekend, Nancy. :o)

Love and hugs,

Diane

hippo chick said...

Hey There,

Thanks for the award. I have spent the whole day {8 A.M - 7:30 P.M.} shopping with my "Loser Housewife" friends. I am beat.

I probably won't get to post until Sunday. Tomorrow looks like a really busy day.

~hippo hugs~
Pam

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Nancy,

Like you, I'm kind of behind posting some awards. Congratulations on all your well deserved loot! Have a restfull, fun weekend!

Love and Hugs,

Renie

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Hi Nancy!
I'm sooo excited you got a pizzelle iron!! They are my all time favorite "cookie"! I hope you like my recipe. They aren't too strong, I don't like the strong ones. They have a very pleasant taste, and the house smells sooo good for days after making them.

I'm so sorry to hear about Punky. She's now at the Rainbow Bridge playing with our passed beloved pets waiting for us to meet them there some day. Punky is healthy and happy so full of play now! That image is the thing that helps me not cry all the time for my little friends that are gone. (as I have tears in my eyes)

Have you been working alot? I work part time in retail and things are really busy now! So if I don't visit that's why. Congrats on all your awards! You deserve them Sweetie! Have a great weekend!!

Big hugs, Sherry

Patty said...

Well I finally got it posted and I used some of what you had already written on your. Happy week-end.

Midlife Mom said...

Hi Nancy! Thank you so much for the nice award! I will get it posted soon on my sidebar!!! Yes, little barn kitty is very skittish but I think with time I will win her over. Need to get her into the vets to be fixed soon so will have to trap her again. I hate to as it scares her so badly but I don't want her to have wild kittens. Just too many of them around that aren't wanted and need homes. Yes, she has a lovely place to live in the hayloft in the barn. I have taken old blankets out too in case she wants to snuggle under them but I think she likes the hay. It is snowing like mad here today and looks like a winter wonderland! We are going to the office Christmas party so I will have some good pictures to post. Have a wonderful weekend and fun with your daughter!!! xoxox

Carole Burant said...

Hello dear Nancy:-)

Today I'm taking the day off from the Christmas preparations and doing nothing but visiting my blogging friends!! Congratulations on receiving all the well deserved awards and thank you so much for passing the Proximidade award to me, it truly is very much appreciated:-)

We are having another snowstorm as I type this...ugh! I know it's pretty but enough already! lol We have more snow now than all last winter, I swear, and it's not even officially winter yet!

The mama kitty and two kittens still come to eat inside and they seem to be handling the weather well. The mama spent all last winter outside so I guess she's got a good hiding place where it's warm, otherwise there's no way she would have survived the -35F temps! The kittens panic when I close the door once they're inside so I usually need to leave the door open a little so that they can come in and out while they're eating. Thank you so much for all your concern for them, I wish you lived nearby too:-) xoxo

BClark said...

Hi Miss Nancy, Thank you for the award and aren't those all so neat.
You are so right about Mary and her writing nook, she is a very nice person.
Blogger has been giving me fits also, I will carefully type something out and then it messes it all up.
As to your question about Elvira, she was an old rescue German Shepherd that I have had for the last 4 years. A really sweet dog we are very glad we gave her a few good years.
Best to you and always wonderful to hear from you.

Monogram Queen said...

Well deserved awards Nancy and thanks for sharing them!

Jess said...

Great update and congrats on all your awards!

Hope all is well with you and all your furry kids! Just coming by to catch up with you...I have been behind as well!

Lots of love to you dear friend...

Jess

Heidi said...

I Sure miss you!! Hope you are well and happy! You are the most deserving of awards dear friend!