Some good news! Punky's tumor is shrinking and is almost gone! She is back to eating on her own and seems to be enjoying life once again. We are hoping for another 4 months with her before she has to be put to sleep. The cancer will return, and when that happens again, we will say our goodbyes to her. She's been a tough little trooper! Her 'Pops' will be coming to get her and 'Scooter' the end of this week. Then they will be off to Florida again!
'Scooter' is doing better, too! She is eating much better and loves to walk around the house. She is weak yet, but now that she is eating much better, it's just a matter of time before she can really get around. We love them so much, so this is really good news to us!!!
Also, some other good news! I heard on TV weather this evening that we are in for some below normal temperatures! We will welcome them, that's for certain!!! The mornings are cooler now, but then it heats up during the day. We still have the humidity, so the AC is still running. I, myself, am waiting for those cool nights for better sleeping!
Also, I was tagged by Pam, and I just noticed that I have not done it yet. Sorry about that, Pam.....but here goes!
1. What were you doing ten years ago:
Well, I was just 8 days away from my final divorce court date . At that time, I was working at a large hotel as Administrative Office Manager, a job I thoroughly loved, until the place was sold! I had purchased a new 40-foot Fifth Wheel RV (complete with washer and dryer and dishwasher) and was living in it at a local campground in this area. I loved it, and had bought it with the thought that I would never have to pack up everything if I should ever decide to move again. Crazy, huh? But it was very roomy and had all the conveniences of a house. It had triple slides, and the living room opened to 15 feet wide, so I was quite comfortable in it. That Fall and Winter, I lived next door to Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus! No, I haven't lost it! I really did live next door to them! They were on contract at our local mall for the holiday season. I only lived in it about 7 months when we had a horrible ice storm, and my big awning came down, trapping me inside until the fire department got me out at 4am! Of course, I didn't leave, but at least I could get my door open once they removed the awning and my screen room. That was enough of RV living for me! 10 days later, I had moved back into the new apartment complex where I had previously lived. Then I bought a townhome in a new community, where I am today! I still have the RV...it is parked near Orlando, FL at this time.
2. Five things on my to do list for today: (or I should say tomorrow since it is too late to do much today now!)
1. Go to my daughter's home again to check on Buster and feed him. He had his 4th round of chemo this past Monday. He's on an appetite stimulant for 5 days, and he is hungry all the time!
2. Go to Hobby Lobby for fabric for some Christmas projects.
3. Make pizza crusts.
4. Clean house and work on my jobs
5. And naturally, care for my cats!
3. What is your favorite snack?
I really don't snack. If I did, it would probably be Ritz crackers and sharp cheddar cheese and a diet wild cherry pepsi OR maybe a yogurt.
4. If I were a millionaire, I would:
1. Donate money to help with the pet overpopulation and build catteries to save more cats. Dogs get priority at our shelter here, and the cats don't have much of a chance, especially the feral cats. They aren't even given the chance for adoption...they are put to sleep right away. I do understand that there aren't enough people to foster them and tame them, but they DO tame. I have tamed a LOT of them. Sick dogs receive medical care, whereas sick cats are just euthanized right away.
2. Give money and food to the poor.
3. Buy clothes for poor children so they feel equal to the other kids.
4. Make sure every child in our area has a wonderful Christmas.
5. Make sure everyone in our area is warm in winter and cool in summer!
5. Places I have lived:
1. Buffalo, NY
2. Costello, PA
3. Port Allegany, PA