Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cold Day in the South

Just a little note today....that's about all I have time for at the present. I am still among the living. I have posts I want to do but need to find the time to do them. I usually spend hours on some of my posts with so many photos, so I am looking to do some shorter ones soon. I have some good stories my son wrote when he was managing editor of his college paper at Clemson University in Clemson, SC, but I have to retype them in order to post them. Plus, I have some awards from Mary I need to thank her for yet, too.

We had a cold front move in on us, so today is a bit nippy with a little wind. I kind of welcome the cooler weather myself. I have to run out this afternoon to do a few errands, and then I am taking time to visit my good friend, Wanda, who fell a week ago last Friday night and broke her lower leg and ankle...a total of 4 bones broken! She had surgery the next day and had to have a rod and pins put in. So she is now at home, recuperating. I made her some homemade rolls, so I plan to stop by and visit her for a little while. My work is taking the backseat today! LOL

8 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

Hi Nancy,

So glad you had a minute or two to post today. Always nice to know you are well. But, sorry to hear about your friend. I surely hope she has a speedy recovery.

The weather here is cold, at night, it hits around the 15 degree mark. The days make it up to between 35 and 40 degrees. But, that will only be for another week or two.

Stay warm ;)

Patty said...

Glad you're taking some time to visit with your friend Wanda. Goodness having a rod inserted into the leg, must have been painful. Hope it heals ok for her. I've seen photos of your homemade rolls, she should enjoy them. It's been a lot colder here, tonight it's suppose to get down into the 20's, I'm just not ready for this yet.

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Nancy,

Good to see an update from you. I hope the kitties are all doing well. I'm sure your friend Wanda enjoyed your home made rolls, and I wish her all the best and speedy healing from the broken bones. I broke my hip in December of 2005, and it was tough going for a while, but thank the Good Lord I mended and got back to normal.

I look forward to a new post. Take good care ad stay well and happy.

Hugs,

Renie

Lib said...

Hi Nancy,
Hope life slows down a bit for you!
Hope Wanda is better soon!Rolls Yummy!
HOpe you have a great wk. take time to be kind to yourself!
Blessins',Lib

Jess said...

Hi Nancy... so glad for your update... I know life has been sooo crazy with us too! I completely understand!

You take care of you, your friends, family, and all those furry kids frist! We will be here!

lots of love to you!!!

Jess

hippo chick said...

Hey Girl,

Nice to see you've posted again. Sorry about your friend Wanda.

It's snowing here. Could be worse, so I'm not complaining.

So good to hear from you. Keep on posting.

I think I'm going to make your "pumpkin bars" later this weekend. We have an open house for Sunday school on Sunday and I want to take your bars.


~hippo hugs~

Midlife Mom said...

So sorry to hear that your friend Wanda got such bad breaks! That's a lot to heal, hope she has help at home. So nice of you to take in some rolls for her!! I'm sure she enjoyed the visit too.

Quite cold here. I'm going to get out my winter jacket tomorrow if I go anywhere. I went out today with just a fall jacket and just about froze!

Hope all the cats are doing well. My guys are fine but still can't catch the kitten living in the barn. Haven't even seen him for 4 or 5 days but the food is gone each day. I hope he is okay!

Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

Carole Burant said...

Well I'm sure glad that you ARE still among the living! hehe I'm so glad you let us know that you're ok. It's downright frigid over here and we had our first snowfall the other day so it's really looking like Winter. Bless your heart for going to spend some time with your friend Wanda...sounds like she broke her leg the way Steve did, in 4 different places. They also had to put a rod and pins in his leg. I do hope your friend recovers completely!! Take care of YOU and know that I'm thinking of you:-) xoxo